Wednesday, October 10, 2007

DINGS!

Last night NoHuntardI dinged 34. And I have a new toon. I am trying a warrior again. Her name is Rubigale on Llane. She ding'd 11 last night too.

I had a 30 hunter (orc) on Dethwing but I just can't get into playing him. Big challenge is that Dethwing is a PVP server and I kept getting jumped by Allis in the contested areas. Sucks because I just wanted to level.

Why was I on a PVP server? The people that I started playing on were playing on that server. Being a relative newb to MMOs, I didn't understand what PvP or PvE were. I had an idea about what RP was going to be. That turned out to be different too.

My brother mocks my choosing a warrior. "Why would anyone want to be a meat shield?" he asks. I dunno. Probably goes back to playing D&D back in the day. I loved warriors, barbarians, and monks. Yes, I said monks. I would love it if WoW added a monk class. There was just something about running around basically defenceless and unarmed. Or so those poor fools thought, when in reality you have a bichin AC and great attacks. And don't get me started on "Quivering Palm." One-shotting just by hitting someone with your bare hands - d@mn.

Oh, NoHun and Elfbane joined guilds. NoHun joined MOD on Llane. He's about the only toon there at that level who isn't the alt of several 70s. Should be fun. Elfbane on Earthen Ring joined Alea Iacta Est. I may write more about that later because this was my first guild with another toon. I loved playing with AIE. The atmosphere there now is different. Even the people I used to play with aren't the same. I'll ponder this and then write more.

No comments: