Saturday, September 22, 2007

Non-focused playing

Last night was an interesting playing session. I looked at the quests Nohuntardi had and thought "I really don't want to do any of those right now." So I logged. I started looking at my alts. Nope - nothing there I wanna do either. Looked around at RL and realized that there wasn't anything I really wanted to do there at the moment.

What to do?

The answer: non-focused playing.

Earlier in the day I was reading one of the many WOW blogs about someone who had gotten into pet milling. (my phrase not theirs) (and I apologize that I can't give credit to the blogger, I just don't remember which blog and I read a CRAPLOAD of blogs yesterday - slow work day)

One of the pets mentioned was to be found by doing the chicken dance in front of chickens in Westfall.

What the heck.

So I re-logged on to Nohuntardi and away we flew.

Can I tell you what kind of idiot I felt like there dancing in front of that chicken as toons ten levels below me ran by - MOCKING ME?

Finally that damn chicken looked at me quizzically. Did I click on it and read the quest? NO - I'd already read the WOWHEAD entry - I knew what I was doing. I had that chicken feed on my actionbar ready to click.

Did you know that you can regain heath from eating chicken feed? Well you can IF YOU NEED ANY HEALTH! Which I didn't.

So, it's back to clucking away. I pull my head out enough to finish the quest, get the egg and now. . . well you have one noble dwarven hunter running around with a killer cat and a . . . chicken.

Did I mention that the only reason I did the quest is because I gathered from the blog I had read earlier that they were in great demand by hordies and that you could sell them at the neutral AH?

Nope. SOULBOUND. I almost cried.

So there I am noble dwarven hunter, killer cat, and their pet chicken.

That's what you get from non-focused play.

No comments: